Interaction Transition (I/T) is a private non-profit agency in Seattle, Washington dedicated to assisting formerly incarcerated individuals in the re-entry process. I/T provides support to individuals as they transition from prison or jail to community life, and assistance in meeting critical basic needs such as employment and social support.
I/T recognizes that:
• Crime results in harm to victims and the community.
• Formerly incarcerated individuals must take positive action to repair the harm caused by their crimes and to make amends to victims and the community by becoming productive citizens and refraining from criminal behavior.
• The criminal justice system cannot adequately facilitate the reentry process in isolation from other community stakeholders.
I/T works in cooperation with local law enforcement, corrections, social service, community agencies, and citizens to offer formerly incarcerated individuals returning to society support in the reentry process.
Board of Directors
- Nick Allen, JD, Chair / Columbia Legal Services
- Jim Yamamoto, Treasurer / Wesley Homes
- David Connor, PhD, Vice-Chair / Seattle University
- Lauren Conner, JD, Secretary / King County Dept. of Public Defense
- Dave Clemmons, PhD / Diagnostic Associates
- Greg Gardner, Executive Director
- Rachel Thorsness, Case Manager